Who Are We?
Ballard-Fremont Greenways is a group of neighbors like you who are working to make our streets safer, more accessible, and more comfortable for everybody.
Our community group works on safe street projects and advocates for people oriented places in the greater Ballard-Fremont area, which also includes Adams, West Woodland, Sunset Hill, Loyal Heights, Crown Hill, and Whittier Heights.
What Do We Do?
- Advocacy: working with other community groups and residents to promote necessary projects and improvements for local governments and agencies.
- Tactical Urbanism: cleaning up streets and trails and making other DIY safety improvements on neighborhood streets.
Follow Our Work and Get Involved!
- First, you can follow our progress on Twitter or Facebook.
- You can also join our Google Group to connect with our community! This is the best way to stay in the loop about what’s happening.
- We hold regular meetings on the fourth Wednesday of every month. Visit our Google Group for location information and the meeting agenda.
Finally, you can also join the Seattle Neighborhood Greenways mailing list to find out about other action items and events throughout the city.
Safe Biking Map
You can find our crowd-sourced map of important bike routes in the area here.
- 6th Ave NW Neighborhood Greenway: We are advocating for a Greenway from NW 43rd to NW 65th St, connecting West Woodland Elementary School to other safe walking and biking routes.
- Aurora Ave: We are advocating for signalized, ADA-compliant crossings of Aurora and other improvements for pedestrian safety.
Our Past Victories
- 17th Ave NW Neighborhood Greenway: We were instrumental in making the 17th Ave NW neighborhood greenway a success, working to win grant funding to improve the greenway’s northernmost connection to Whitman Middle School and for the NW 85th St crossing. We have been working with allies to improve the southern end of the greenway and integrate it into Old Ballard.
- NW 58th St Neighborhood Greenway: We successfully advocated for the NW 58th St neighborhood greenway, and continue advocating for upgrading portions of it to make it more family friendly. Watch the greenway’s grand opening party here!
- Seattle’s Bicycle Master Plan: We successfully advocated to incorporate our crowd-sourced knowledge into Seattle’s Bicycle Master Plan.